Talk:Arab American Institute
First (instructor) evaluation comments
Here are some suggestions for further improvements to your encyclopedia entry draft. I'm going to stick to the sections you've already been developing, but keep in mind that you still need to fill in the last one as well as the various required subpages.
- The "History" section starts well by situating the AAI's founding in the context of Arabic-speakers' immigration to the US since the 1880s; however you might do more to tie that historical development more to James Zogby's decision to found the organization. You might also say more about who Zogby was and what he did to get the AAI off the ground during the 1980s. One question you might address is whether/how Arab-American interests were promoted prior to the AAI's founding -- that is, just how much of a vacuum was Zogby filling?
- Once you've elaborated more on the AAI's founding, you might create additional subsections within the "History" section to provide information about the organization's development since the 1980s.
- The "Current objectives and activities," "Organizational structure," and "Achievements" sections all contain a lot of good information; however, you might present it in paragraph rather than list form.
- In "Current objectives and activities," the focus seems to be exclusively on objectives, with very little sense of what the AAI is doing to achieve them.
- In addition to listing leadership positions and their current incumbents in "Organizational structure," you might explain more about what function these positions serve.
Shamira Gelbman 15:07, 7 October 2009 (UTC)
Second (peer) evaluation comments
Maybe talk a little more about the founding and how Dr. James Zogby got the group off the ground. You do a good job of explaining the groups current objectives in foreign countries. I didn't find a whole lot about the public perception but it still is incomplete. Maybe talk about how some people don't like the stance of the AAI on some subjects. You could also go a little more in-depth with the objectives and explain how they are going to do it, not just what they want. Overall great job though, it looks good.
Do put square brackets [[term]] around terms that might exist elsewhere in CZ, and can provide you knowlede, such as James Zogby. When you do find such an article, investigate to what else it links. Howard C. Berkowitz 01:30, 5 October 2009 (UTC)