< PakistanJump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Pakistan, or pages that link to Pakistan or to this page or whose text .
- Hyderabad : Add brief definition or description
- Islamabad : The capital of Pakistan
- Karachi : Pakistan's largest city and port, its commercial center and former national capital, replaced in that role by the planned city of Islamabad
- Lahore : Add brief definition or description
- Peshawar : Capital of Pakistan's Northwest Frontier Province near the Afghanistan border; in the midst of Taliban insurgency
- Quetta : Capital of the Balochistan Province of Pakistan. It is believed to be the headquarters of the Taliban Quetta shura governing body under Mullah Muhammad Omar.
- Prime Minister of Pakistan : Head of government of Pakistan, currently Prime Yousef Raza Gilani
- President of Pakistan : Head of state of Pakistan.
- Asif Ali Zardari : President of Pakistan since 2008; the widower of Benazir Bhutto
- Benazir Bhutto : (1953–2007) Pakistani politician, former prime minister and leader of Pakistan People's Party.
- Pervez Musharraf : Former President and Chief of Army Staff in Pakistan, who seized power in a bloodless 1999 coup.
- Baitullah Mehsud : Leader of Pakistan's main Taliban faction, Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), which intends to overthrow the government
- Inter-Services Intelligence : The military intelligence and covert action organization of Pakistan; historically contained strong Islamist elements but also concerned with India-Pakistan security issues
- Jamaat-i-Islami : Pakistan's oldest Islamist religious party, marginal in national politics but more powerful in the semi-autonomous frontier provinces; possibly affiliated with the Taliban
- Jamiat-ul-Ulama-i-Islam : A Deoband Islamist and Pashtun, although not separatist, opposition party of Pakistan, with its greatest strength in the Balochistan Province and Northwest Frontier Province
- Pakistan People's Party : Currently the ruling party of Pakistan, a center-left Islamist political party launched by Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto in 1967; espoused socialism in its early days, but has since become more populist; has always had strong associations with the Bhutto family.
- Taliban in Pakistan : Activities of the Taliban movement to take political control of parts of Pakistan, rather than using Pakistan as a sanctuary to operate in Afghanistan
- Federally Administered Tribal Area : Add brief definition or description
- Kashmir : Add brief definition or description
- Northwest Frontier Province : Add brief definition or description
- Balochistan Province : Add brief definition or description