Neuronal migration/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Neuronal migration, or pages that link to Neuronal migration or to this page or whose text .
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Embryo : An organism in its earliest phase of development.
- Neuron : An excitable cell that is specialized to conduct nerve impulses.
- Cell motility : Add brief definition or description
- Cell migration : Add brief definition or description
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Brain evolution : The process by which the central nervous system changed over many generations.
- Brain morphometry : The quantitative study of structures in the brain, their differences between individuals, correlations with brain function, and changes of these characteristics over time.
- Brain size : Umbrella term for various measures of how big a brain is.
- Cell differentiation : The process by which cells become structurally and functionally specialized.
- Cell division : The process by which a parent cell divides into two or more daughter cells.
- Cerebral cortex : External tissue layer within the vertebrate brain, ensheathed by the pia mater; home to the nerve cell bodies; important in learning and dementia.
- Cortical thickness : The combined thickness of the cerebral cortex layers.
- Cytoskeleton : The mechanical scaffold, made up of fibrous proteins, determining the shape of a cell.
- Dyslexia : Add brief definition or description
- Glia : Add brief definition or description
- Gyrification : The folding process during brain development, or the extent of folding.
- Joubert syndrome : Add brief definition or description
- Lissencephaly : Condition in which the brain surface is smooth, as opposed to gyrified. Normal in many mammals and transient in human fetal development but a disorder in humans born with it.
- Neocortex : The six-layered outer layer of the mammalian brain.
- Pachygyria : A congenital malformation of the cerebral hemisphere that results in unusually thick convolutions of the cerebral cortex.
- Polymicrogyria : A disorder in which the brain surface resembles that of a road paved with cobblestones.
- Stem cell : Add brief definition or description