Metabolic syndrome/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Metabolic syndrome, or pages that link to Metabolic syndrome or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Metabolic syndrome. Needs checking by a human.
- Adipocyte : Cell that stores fat and makes it available for use as energy.
- Adiposopathy : The dysfunction of fat cells.
- Cholesterol : Principal sterol of all higher animals.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Hypertension : A multisystem disease whose hallmark is the elevation of blood pressure.
- Hyperuricemia : Elevated uric acid level in the bloodstream, considered a risk factor for the development or gout and may lead to renal disease.
- Impaired glucose tolerance : Pre-diabetic state of dysglycemia, that is associated with insulin resistance and increased risk of cardiovascular pathology.
- Insulin resistance : Complication of diabetes mellitus characterized by decreased sensitivity of target cells to insulin.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome : Endocrine condition characterized by the accumulation of numerous cysts on the ovaries associated with high male hormone levels, chronic anovulation, and other metabolic disturbances, that affects approximately 5% of all women.
- Potassium in nutrition and human health : Role of dietary potassium and its associated bicarbonate-generating organic ions in human physiology and in preventive and therapeutic medicine.
- Syndrome : Group of symptoms that collectively indicate or characterize a disease, psychological disorder, or other abnormal condition.