Luc Luong Dac Biet/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Luc Luong Dac Biet, or pages that link to Luc Luong Dac Biet or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Lac Luong Dac Biet. Needs checking by a human.
- 5th Special Forces Group : One of the older United States Army Special Forces groups first serving in Vietnam, the unit now supports United States Central Command in the Middle East, Central Asia and Horn of Africa
- Army of the Republic of Viet Nam motivation : Psychological and political factors affecting the combat performance of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam
- Army of the Republic of Viet Nam : A term describing both the ground force specifically, and the armed forces generally, of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War and Fall of South Vietnam
- Battle of the Ia Drang : First divisional-scale battle involving helicopter-borne air assault troops, with U.S. forces against those of North Vietnam
- Civilian Irregular Defense Group : Light and irregular infantry units in the Republic of Vietnam, typically defending their local area, and trained and led by United States Army Special Forces personnel, and sometimes by their Army of the Republic of Viet Nam counterparts in the Nha Ky Thuat
- I Corps tactical zone : The geographic command, under the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam, for the northernmost provinces of South Vietnam. It directly faced North Vietnam across the Demilitarized Zone, as well as having an important boundary with Laos.
- IV Corps tactical zone : The southernmost regional command of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam, including the Mekong River Delta.
- Khanh Hoa Province : On the coast of Vietnam, a province that contained major combat and support bases during the Vietnam War, and forms a key transportation corridor for economic development
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group
- Military Assistance Command, Vietnam : Headquarters for most U.S. combat and support units assisting the Republic of Vietnam
- Montagnard : A general name for a group of tribal societies traditionally in the highlands of Southeast Asia, primarily in Vietnam but also Laos and Cambodia
- Nha Ky Thuat : The most common Vietnamese term for a Republic of Vietnam organization for special operations, clandestine human-source intelligence, and, at one point, paramilitary operations against protesters in the Buddhist crisis of 1963; U.S. counterpart organizations included MACV-SOG and United States Army Special Forces
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.