Geophysical MASINT/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Geophysical MASINT, or pages that link to Geophysical MASINT or to this page or whose text .
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- Geophysics : The study of the Earth by quantitative physical methods, namely seismic, magnetic, electrical, electromagnetic, thermal and radioactivity methods.
- Acoustic energy : Energy propagated as pressure waves, through elastic media such as air or water. Hearing is the detection of acoustic energy within the frequency range of the animal detecting the energy
- Microphone : Acoustic-to-electric transducer or sensor that converts sound into an electrical signal, the most basic design uses a thin membrane which vibrates in response to sound pressure.
- Sonar : A contraction of sound navigation and ranging, formally includes the active mode in which a pulse goes out and a receiver measures the echo. Also includes hydrophones or passive, listen-only systems.
- Gravity : The tendency of objects with mass to accelerate toward each other.
- Hydrography : Add brief definition or description
- Magnetic field : Vector field H caused by permanent magnets, conduction currents, and displacement currents.
- Maritime patrol aircraft : Very long range, usually land-based, aircraft optimized for sea surveillance, originally principally for anti-submarine warfare but often with anti-surface warfare capabilities; newer types also have land and littoral surveillance roles
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Oceanography : The scientific study of the oceans.
- Seismology : Add brief definition or description
- Anti-submarine warfare : (ASW) In the context of naval warfare, the mission of attacking underwater vessels, from platforms under naval command and control.
- Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar : Military equipment and techniques to detect unguided rockets, artillery shells, and mortar rounds in flight, warn friendly forces that are threatened, and, with new methods, intercept and destroy the projectiles before they can do damage
- Counterbattery : Defense against enemy artillery involving identifying the point of origin of hostile fire and directing lethal force against it
- National technical means of verification : Euphemism principally for imagery intelligence satellites and other means of strategic arms control verification, principally because the Soviet Union did not want its public to know that they could not prevent Western observation of the state
- Vietnam War military technology : Military technology in support of ground operations, including helicopters and air assault, either associated with or introduced in Vietnam, between 1962 and 1975
- Electro-optical MASINT : Add brief definition or description
- Future Combat Systems : Add brief definition or description
- Materials MASINT : Add brief definition or description
- Nuclear MASINT : Add brief definition or description
- Radar MASINT : Add brief definition or description
- Radiofrequency MASINT : Add brief definition or description
- Spectroscopic MASINT : Add brief definition or description