Chemical Weapons Convention/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Chemical Weapons Convention, or pages that link to Chemical Weapons Convention or to this page or whose text .
- Arms control : Treaties and implementation agreements to restrict the development, production, deployment, or transfer of specified weapons or weapons technologies.
- Chemical weapon : A weapon that cause death or disease by means of chemical interaction with the metabolism of the victim, as opposed to causing injury through blast, thermal, or other effects not on a molecular level
- Nonproliferation : An aspect of arms control that focuses on the dissemination of technology and materials from nations acknowledged to have them, to those national and non-national actors who do not.
- National technical means of verification : Euphemism principally for imagery intelligence satellites and other means of strategic arms control verification, principally because the Soviet Union did not want its public to know that they could not prevent Western observation of the state
- Australia Group : Add brief definition or description
- Chemical Weapons Convention schedules : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. intelligence and transnational counterproliferation activities : An overview over activities of the United States intelligence community, specifically dealing with arms control, weapons of mass destruction and weapons counterproliferation.
- Dual-use : Materials or equipment capable of being used either in civilian applications, or for military applications subject to counterproliferation controls, or for other sensitive uses such as the drug trade
- End user certificate : A document that certifies the ultimate recipient of military or dual-use goods being sold, and attests to compliance with all relevant international arms control agreements, as well as compliance with national policies of the sending and receiving nations, as well as any intermediate countries involved in the shipment
- Spectroscopic MASINT : A electro-optical measurement and signature intelligence technique to measure the electromagnetic spectrum reflected from or emitted by an object, typically within the infrared through ultraviolet wavelength range, and compare it to spectral signatures of known objects
- Materials MASINT : A discipline involving the measurement of signatures from the collection, processing, and analysis of gas, liquid, or solid samples; it complements technical intelligence: a technical intelligence analyst would work with a captured example of the weapon, or at least pieces of it, to come to that understanding of the propellant, while an analyst of this technique would infer the propellant through analysis of the exhaust
- Protocol for the Prohibition of the Use of Asphyxiating, Poisonous or Other Gases, and of Bacteriological Methods of Warfare : The first treaty banning weapons of mass destruction, passed in 1925
- Biological Weapons and Toxins Convention : International agreement banning the production and use of biological weapons, recognizing that there are also legitimate medical, research, and industrial uses for organisms that have potential use in biological warfare