Americans United for Separation of Church and State/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Americans United for Separation of Church and State, or pages that link to Americans United for Separation of Church and State or to this page or whose text .
- First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution : The constitutional supplement which stipulates that the Congress shall not legislate to restrict the freedom of speech, religion, assembly, and petition.
- Christian Right : A number of contemporary right-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially conservative values in politics and the popular culture
- Barry C. Lynn : Executive Director, Americans United for Separation of Church and State; minister, United Church of Christ; original author of American Civil Liberties Union guide to religious rights
- Faith-based initiative : Add brief definition or description
- Prison Fellowship Ministries : Begun by Chuck Colson after his release from prison for Watergate-related offenses, a group of organizations, originally focused on Christian assistance to the criminal justice system and now on the general promotion of Christian values
- InnerChange Freedom Initiative : A program of Prison Fellowship Ministries to operate faith-based initiatives inside prisons and community transition facilities
- Anderson v. Durham School Department : Add brief definition or description
- Anti-Defamation League : A U.S. organization concerned generally with religious defamation and hate groups, but specifically with antisemitism and Zionism
- John Ashcroft : Add brief definition or description
- Christian Coalition : The Christian Coalition is a grassroots organization that educates people on legislative issues that effect Christian based family values, the organization also lobbies in an effort to promote these values.
- Family Research Council : A lobbying spinoff of Focus on the Family; Affiliate, Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family : American Christian Right non-profit organization founded in 1977 by James Dobson; Gary Bauer resigned to run for the American Presidency; Partner ministry of Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview
- Pat Robertson : Pentecostal minister and "televangelist" with high visibility in Christian Right politics; organizations founded include Regent University and Regent Law School