Citizendium Forums
October 25, 2014, 00:32:06 UTC *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forums is now a read-only archive. Project members may post on the new forum. Non-members may use only the "Open Forum" group, but still must register before posting (it's easy!). Posts will otherwise be deleted.
To edit your displayed name, click on Profile > Account Related Settings. To edit your signature, click on Profile > Forum Profile Information.
Click here to return to the wiki

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would someone inform John Brews that his email address is invalid  (Read 1700 times)
Dan Nessett
Forum Regular

« on: October 15, 2012, 16:37:49 UTC »

I am getting bounced messages sent by the wiki software to John Brews email address. I cannot inform him of this, since (surprise, surprise) his email address doesn't work. I am posting here on the hope that he will see it (or someone who can contact him will) motivating him to change the email address he has registered for his CZ account.

John R. Brews
Forum Participant

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 19:23:25 UTC »

Hi Folks:
My e-mail address appears to be correct on my CZ Special:Preferences page, but mail sent by me to myself using the Toolbox does not come to me, nor does the copy of the message supposedly sent using the check box. I have no idea why.
I have no spam filter set in Thunderbird, and my Norton Anti-virus just flags what it thinks is spam, but doesn't stop it.

Milton Beychok
Forum Regular

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 04:09:17 UTC »

Just as a test, I also sent myself an email using the email link in the Toolbox section of the left-hand vertical navigation toolbar ... and it went through exactly as it should.

That indicates that there is no endemic problem with using the email links in CZ's Toolbox.

John, as a Thunderbird email user myself, have you checked your Junk file? I have found that occasionally my anti-virus program will direct incoming emails into my Junk file.

Milt Beychok

Hayford Peirce
Forum Regular

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 13:24:14 UTC »

I just sent myself an email and it also worked fine....

Matt Innis
Chief
Constable

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 00:48:58 UTC »

I have two different email addresses for John.  One is ".com" and the other is ".net"  Is it supposed to be .net?

Milton Beychok
Forum Regular

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 05:28:01 UTC »

Matt, I have communicated a number of times with John by email and used his address ending in .net ... if the CZ link to him is using .com, that may be the problem.

Milt Beychok

Matt Innis
Chief
Constable

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 00:07:40 UTC »

Matt, I have communicated a number of times with John by email and used his address ending in .net ... if the CZ link to him is using .com, that may be the problem.

Milt Beychok

I sent him an email on the .net but no response yet.

Matt Innis
Chief
Constable

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 13:07:27 UTC »

John,

Now that I think about it, it might be the "_" or underscore.  When we first started, the system wouldn't let us admit people with that character in their email address.  Our techies at the time fixed that,  but maybe they didn't fix it so that these people could be emailed.

Could you try setting up a gmail account without an underscore and see if that works.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: